Training and education is an essential part of the GBC mission, from raising awareness to up-skilling professionals.
To be most effective, GBCs must customise their education offerings to address the specific education gaps and needs within their country. At the regional level, we are working to strengthen access to good quality, consistent training and education.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop tools and resources to help GBCs develop (or contribute to the development of) robust education programs;
- Share knowledge and experience around various education approaches in different countries by consolidating information;
- Keep GBCs informed about relevant EU or other regional level education initiatives and programs which they could benefit from;
- Provide credibility for newer GBCs around their education programs;
- Liaise with other international education organisations that GBCs could partner with;
- Liaise with other regional education taskforces and other GBC educational initiatives within WorldGBC;
- Track and measure our achievements as GBCs grow their education programs.
Paul is Chief Executive of the UK Green Building Council. He joined the UK-GBC from WWF-UK, where he was Campaign Director for WWF's One Million Sustainable Homes campaign and co-founder of One Planet Living.
Paul is a member of the Igloo Regeneration Scrutiny Committee, serves on the Sustainability Board of BRE, and is also a member of the Zero Carbon Homes 2016 Task Force and the Sustainability of New Non-Domestic Buildings Steering Group convened by the Department for Communities Local Government in 2007.
He lives with his partner and two young sons in a green home in Shropshire. He has been on the WorldGBC Board of Directors since September 2007.