WorldGBC announces new green building leaders to join its Board
The World Green Building Council has today announced that three new global green building leaders will join its Board of Directors, with five existing members re-appointed, including a new Vice-Chair.
Lisa Bate of B&H Architects and Canada Green building Council has been appointed Vice-Chair of the Board and reappointed as Director; Tanya Cox, director of a number of ASX-listed and unlisted companies, including the Green Building Council of Australia has been appointed Treasurer of the Board, and Christine Lemaitre of German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) has been re-elected Secretary of the Board.
The following Directors have been appointed to the WorldGBC Board:
1. Ilari Aho, Vice President of New Business Development & CSR at Uponor, Green Building Council Finland
2. Snjezana Turalija, Executive Director of Croatia Green Building Council
3. Felipe Faria, CEO of Brasil Green Build Council
4. John Alker, Campaign and Policy Director at UK Green Building Council
5. Lisa Bate, Regional Managing Principal of North America at B&H Architects, Canada Green Building Council (Vice-Chair)
6. Saeed Al Abbar, Director at AESG, Emirates Green Building Council
7. Rudolf Pienaar, Director at Growthpoint, Green Building Council South Africa
8. Sebastian Dañino Beck, Founder at DANBECK, Peru Green Building Council
Terri Wills, CEO of WorldGBC, said: “Our new Directors have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the field of sustainability, and have championed green building as one of the most effective solutions to climate change. Their commitment, expertise and strong leadership will be a huge asset to our Board, and I look forward to working with them as we to seek to deliver green buildings for everyone, everywhere.”
The new Directors will join these existing Board members:
1. Tanya Cox, Green Building Council of Australia (Treasurer)
2. Cristina Gamboa, CEO of Colombia Green Building Council
3. Christine Lemaitre, CEO of DGNB / German Green Building Council (Secretary)
4. Bruno Sauer, CEO of Green Building Council España
5. Sunderesan Raghupathy, Deputy Director General of Confederation of Indian Industry (India GBC)
6. Tai Lee Siang, Singapore Green Building Council (Chair)
7. Peter Templeton, Senior Vice President of Global Market Development, US Green Building Council
To read the biographies of all of WorldGBC’s Board Directors, click here.