There are many ways you can make your home greener. And though your actions start at home, they shouldn’t stop there. Here are some of the things you can do:
- As our communities grow, so does our need for energy and water. Cutting consumption at home helps you and your neighbour, and saves precious natural resources.
- Simple upgrades, like switching to a low carbon energy provider, will save energy and money.
- Lighten up! Make the most of natural light, replace your bulbs with LEDs and switch lights off when you go out.
- Stay cool. Save energy by using ceiling fans, rather than air conditioning, and lowering the temperature on your thermostat.
- Using green materials like carpets and paints with fewer toxins and chemicals, can really improve indoor air quality. And as we breathe around 11,000 litres of air a day, quality matters.
- Clean up by washing clothes on a cold setting and line drying your laundry.
- Our homes can help us use energy and water efficiently. Investing in the latest smart tech appliances is a smart move.