Architect, B.Arch., AAA, AIBC, PP OAA, Intl. Assoc. AIA, FRAIC, EDAC, F.RESET AP, PC CaGBC, LEED AP BD+C, ICD.D
Lisa is a thought leader in high-performance sustainable design in architecture and large infrastructure planning and development with a vast portfolio of global work in commercial, mixed use, healthcare, education, sport, and institutional projects.
A global ambassador for sustainable design, and a Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, Lisa was awarded Canada’s 2019 Clean16 winner for the Building – Design, Development & Management sector of Canada’s Clean50 Awards. She has design and project management experience across Canada, China, the USA, Caribbean, and India. As a leader, Lisa is a Past Chair of the Board of Directors of the Canada Green Building Council, Past President of the Ontario Association of Architects in Canada, Past Member of the Mainland China Urban Land Institute’s Shanghai Management Committee, and B+H’s representative to the United Nations Environmental Protection – Sustainable Buildings and Climate Initiative (UNEP-SBCI). From 2012 to 2015, Lisa was based in Shanghai as B+H’s Managing Principal, China and EVP, Asia. Today, she is based in Toronto as the Global Sustainability Lead, Principal for B+H Architects.
Current and past projects include Mohawk College’s Net Zero Centre for Partnership and Innovation (Hamilton), Columbia Asia’s Wuxi New Community Hospital (China), Inter Ikea Shopping Centre (Wuhan, China), AstraZeneca Shanghai Phase III (Pudong, China), Bell Canada Creekbank's Phase 3 (Mississauga), Ottawa Convention Centre Redevelopment, Markham Stouffville Hospital Redevelopment, Bridgetown Carlisle Bay Development Master Plan (Barbados), 18 sports venues for the 2015 Toronto Pan Am/Parapan Am Games which included two aquatics centres, a track and field stadium, a soccer and Canadian football facility, one velodrome, and various other renovated facilities.
- Canada’s 2019 Clean16 winner for the Building – Design, Development & Management sector of Canada’s Clean50 Awards
- Women in Sustainability Leadership Award, Green Building & Design, LA, USA, 2016
- Huffington Post Business Canada, three-part blog series on Women in Architecture, June – July, 2016
- Board Member, past Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer, World Green Building Council, 2015-present
- Member, Shanghai Management Committee, Mainland China ULI, 2012-2015
- Chair of the Board of Directors, Canada Green Building Council, 2009-2013
- Member, National Roundtable on Sustainable Infrastructure, 2006-2010
- Leader Award, Greater Toronto Chapter of the Canada Green Building Council, 2013
- Managing Principal, Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, 18 sports venues
- “Toronto Architect Shines in Shanghai,” front page, Toronto Star, July 11, 2004
- Royal Bank of Canada 1998 AGM, Featured Entrepreneur
Lisa Bate joined the WorldGBC Board of Directors in 2015 and she has been nominated by Canada Green Building Council.